ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)

1

This procedure will diagnose and treat conditions of the biliary or pancreatic ductal systems. The Endoscope is used by the physician and it let them see the inside of the stomach and duodenum and it also injects dyes into the ducts in the biliary tree and pancreas so they can be seen on x-rays.

both pictures are from http://www.hopkins-gi.org/



A month after I had my Choleocystectomy, and after the confirmation of the retained gall stones on my common bile duct we seek other medical opinions from different doctors. One in Chong Hua Hospital and the other one is in Cebu Doctor's Hospital. And since same things were being discussed on what will be the procedure of taking the gall stones, we took in to consideration the charges and expenses.

I need to be admitted at the hospital so I can be scheduled for the ERCP. They did some preparation the day before my procedure. I was on fasting mode, and they also gave me Dulcolax. They pretty sure emptied my stomach.

My procedure was scheduled afternoon. I was sent to the X-ray room, where the machines and apparatus for the ERCP procedure is placed. I remember the Radiologist were nice and they kept comforting me in an effort to keep me relaxed. They started monitoring my pulse, as well as my blood pressure. When the Doctor came, they prepared all the stuff and they started spraying anesthesia on my throat and then they let me lie on my left side. And the anesthesiologist inject some sedatives to my IV.

When the sedative took its effect I really went asleep. So, I don't have any recollection about the whole procedure. My mom was there on the corner behind a glass window and she said she was watching the whole procedure. I just woke up after it's done and they have pulled the tube on my stomache, and my mom was there beside me telling me it's done and they have the gall stone removed. I was really happy that the procedure went well. I stayed at the hospital for another day and was released the following day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heavens you are well. My aunt would like to undergo same ERCP. May we know how much it cost? Pls share info as we need to raise amount for her. Kindly email branigo@yahoo.com or text 09186992772.

Post a Comment